- Essential micronutrient vitamin (aka “Vitamin B-3”)
- Ultra-high potency dosages: 100 mg to 1,000 mg
- Two-piece capsule for convenient daily intake
- White, granular, water-soluble powder for quick absorption
- Provides nutritional support to help maintain healthy Low-density lipoprotein (LDL) and High-density lipoprotein levels associated with cholesterol†
- Essential for production of the coenzyme Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide Phosphate (NADP), which is essential for synthesis or production of essential fatty acids and cholesterol.
- Provides nutritional support to help maintain healthy triglyceride levels†
- Essential for production of the coenzyme Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide (NAD), essential for the catabolism or breakdown of fat, carbohydrate, protein and alcohol to produce energy. Also essential to cell signaling and repair of deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA).
- Common side effects are temporary skin flushing, which can start with even low Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) dosages, and increase with the potency taken. This temporary skin flushing includes warmth, redness, itching or tingling and may at very high daily intake dosages include temporary headache, abdominal pain, diarrhea, dyspepsia, nausea, vomiting, rhinitis and skin rash. These temporary side effects can be minimized and ameliorated by starting Niacin intake at low daily dosages, then increasing daily intake levels gradually, and always taking Niacin with food.
- The US Food & Drug Administration established the Daily Intake Value at only 16 mg.
- The Council for Responsible Nutrition-USA established the Lowest Observable Adverse Event Level at 1,000 mg/day based on hepatotoxicity, although recommending caution regarding temporary flushing at any dosage of 35 mg or higher.
- Niacin works synergistically with Thiamin (B-1) and Riboflavin (B-2) to produce NAD and energy.
This product may be produced in a facility that also makes products containing milk, eggs, fish, crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, and soy.
†These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.